Saturday, July 10, 2010

The thunderbolt week of elasticity !


There has been moments of utter disguise and enriched happiness together in the past , which made me confused and go away from the path I never intend to be . Seeking for a real good change to happen and as said "Change should be constant" , I had this opportunity to attend the best national conference from the world's largest student run organization called AIESEC and named June National Conference 2010.
Nothing as I knew what was waiting for me there and what was it that I was going to experience in this secluded life which I was adjusted in and there embarked the times I have waited for . 
Good times and bad times are temporary . #Some legend.
With the delegation of around 16 people and heading the team with the post of Vice-president , Corporate Sector of AIESEC in Surat , I took a feeling of humble pride in me for the next seven days with sheer excitement to meet different breeds of people there and here our bus comes at 3-30 AM with baroda delegation already in there waiting for us and an undiscovered journey begun as yet . 
We reached the venue that was Golden Pond Resort in Silvassa , five hours later and soon as we got down the amplifiers rolled and in no time we are jiving ! Here the whip-cracks got into me and around 50 of us shaking before the gates of the resort , world doesn't matter * . Got into our rooms , kept the baggages not at proper places , infact we hardly kept them properly , we rushed towards our first plenary where roundabout 500 delegates from different cities came in and there it started with the song " AMPLIFIER " ( MC jive ) , we again rolled with the flow . 
Enough of the dancing part , its a conference :-) , but the culture of the organization had to inject in our veins .
Sessions began , we shouted our roll calls that was " No beer , No whiskey , AIESEC SURAT very risky " , with other people screaming theirs i.e people from delhi, mumbai, bangalore , chandigarh ,kolkata etc to name a few . I never witnessed this kind of madness ever , mind it and I mean it . We got introduced with our member committee of AIESEC INDIA which comprised of people from all over India who has worked hard and reached the position they hold of presidents and vps' in their departments . 
The after-parties got into our veins and arteries,which included skolling ( a team game of speed drinking :-p ) , prom night (no discussions:-)) , the awards night in which by the way AIESEC Surat won for the best expansion initiatives :-) ( stupendous goosebumps feeling ) and the closing commissions ( where all the vp's of respective departments toast ) . We the people hardly slept because these times weren't going to come back and everyday we saw the sun rising our head , still jiving on the tunes . 500 people just like us , under one roof , in a sync , high and over high and enough with the feeling as heaven can't be described . 
The sessions for the executive board members were so transformative , which actually changed a few perspectives and made us baffled { design session by young entrepreneurs and mind boggling session in dealing with the matters of life by Advait ( a renowned psychologist ) } . Plus the case studies , the department meetings and the interactions with the varied offsprings stole it all . 
I made great international friends too but the desi ones still rocks . 
Clocks stopped . 
The time came for all of us to depart , this was the terrible feeling of my life . I never wanted to leave the place , I was addicted with the schedule , I was swamped in the moments and the stranger turned friends . This was not happening . 
We hugged , we kissed , we skolled , we rolled , we jived , we were family . 
Just after the week passed , the times spellbound and we got into our bus , we left , everyone did respectively . 
I had a tear literally .
I just got over with this after a week , I loved the hangover . 
I was in love with myself all over again .
Dissolving in the song I fell in love with , 

" Aaj ka yeh din , hai mera din ,
  Meri he marzi kaa ,
  Maa ka kehna , hoon awara ,
  Kismat ka ghulam , 
  Tu chali aa , le chal wahin , 
  Tu chali aa , le chal wahin  " 

The english version of the same , 

" Today is friday , 
  It is my day ,
  To do it all , 
  Mama can tell me , 
  I am going nowhere , 
  I am just a prisoner of my fate , 
 Would you come along , 
 Bring me in , 
 Would you come along , 
 Bring me in .. " 





1 comment: